Introducing The Meadoway Visualization Toolkit
Toronto and Region Conservation Authority (TRCA) has partnered with Perkins+Will and Future Landscapes to undertake development of a visualization toolkit that will demonstrate the potential future look and feel of The Meadoway.
The goal of the toolkit will be to amplify and celebrate The Meadoway through the production of a compelling visual identity and narrative.
The process of developing the toolkit will include:
- Opportunities for meaningful public input and discussion in the form of “Visioning” workshops (paired with The Meadoway Class EA Public Information Centres)
- Affirming technical studies and other concurrent work underway for The Meadoway Class EA
- Building consensus around the vision for The Meadoway
The outcome will be the development of a set of conceptual renderings, sketches and animations that will set the stage for what is possible for hydro corridor revitalizations in the Greater Toronto Area and beyond.
Planning & Analysis + the Preliminary Toolkit – COMPLETED
The purpose of Phase 1 is to synthesize and compile research, field investigations and layers of analyses to prepare for the development of the visualization toolkit (Phase 2). The primary deliverables of the Phase 1 process include:
• Preliminary Visualization Toolkit: a concept plan that establishes a typology of key design elements along The Meadoway, illustrated through a series of cross-sections and sketch renderings.
• The development of an Existing Conditions, Case Studies, and Investigative Report.
You can download a PDF copy of the report here, or view the plan using the document reader below. Select Read Now for a full-screen view; select the arrow to the right to advance to the next page.
The Visualization Toolkit – ONGOING
Integrating feedback from Phase 1 of the project, including the visioning workshop in April 2019, the completed visualization toolkit will feature views and imagery highlighting the most exciting design opportunities within The Meadoway.
The completed toolkit will include:
- A series of “Signature”, “Explanatory”, and “Supplementary” views that will showcase the restoration, natural potential, community events and meaningful art and historical connections
- Storyboard videos and animations that will provide an overview of The Meadoway’s unique characteristics, connections and identities
- Rendered imagery to build a comprehensive story of The Meadoway
Throughout the development of the visualization toolkit, TRCA and Perkins+Will will be hosting “Visioning” workshops in conjunction with The Meadoway Class EA Public Information Centres.
These workshops will serve as channels for informing, consulting and involving the public and key stakeholders in the conceptual development process, providing opportunities for meaningful public input.
The first visioning workshop was held on April 24, 2019. You can find more information under Current Projects.